4 day, highly impactful training program
Provides new trainers a solid base in developing and presenting
quality training programs
An effective refresher for the more experienced trainer
Enables participants to thoroughly prepare for and deliver
an effective training program
This 4 day program is designed to provide new trainers a solid
base in developing and presenting quality training programs.
It is also designed as an effective refresher for the more experienced
trainer. At course completion, participants will be able to thoroughly
prepare for and deliver an effective training program according
to training principles discussed and practiced during the session.
This Train the Trainer Program helps NEW trainers in your organization:
- Enhance their personal training skills
- Learn their own learning styles and how to adapt to the learning
styles of students
- Overcome communication barriers and reduce conflict
- Understand and apply Adult Learning Theory
- Quantitatively recognize and define the changes that should
occur when employee training is conducted properly
- Learn the roles, characteristics, skills and actions required
to become an effective trainers
- Learn and employ the techniques required to create and maintain
a positive learning environment
At the end of this presentation of Essential
Skills in Adult Training, participants will:
- Be able to list the three Components of the Training Process.
- Be able to list, define and discuss the four Levels of Learning.
- Be able to list, define and discuss Adult Learning Styles.
- Be able to list and describe the roles, skills, actions and
characteristics required to become effective trainers.
- Be able to list and describe the techniques to create and
maintain a positive learning environment.
- Be able to list and discuss training methods that would be
most appropriate for their audiences.
- Be able to distinguish between Active and Passive Learning
- Be able to prepare an initial Training Modification Planning
Sheet to improve their training.
COURSE LENGTH AND LOCATION
This program is done in a 4 day format. We can do the course
at your location or at an off site conference facility.
SECTION 1 - Basic Principles of Training
- Training Practices Most Widely Used
- Basic Training of Training Basics
- Training Defined and Examined
SECTION 2 - Adult Learning Theory
- The Training Process
- Four Levels of Learning
- Learning Styles
- Information Processing
- The Trainer
- The Positive Learning Environment
- Methods of Training
SECTION 3 - Facilitation Skills For Interactive Learning
- Definition of Facilitation Terms
- Key Facilitation Skills
- Eight Methods of Facilitation
SECTION 4 - The ISD Model of Training
- The Analysis Phase
- The Design Phase
- The Development Phase
- The Implementation Phase
- The Evaluation Phase
- The ISD Checklist
SECTION 5 - Effective Training Delivery
- The Three Segments of a Training Session
- Communication and Presentation Skills (Verbal & Non-verbal)
- Listening Skills
- Essential Delivery Skills
- Tips for the Classroom Trainer
"On the mountains of truth you can never
climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today,
or you will be training your powers so that you will be able
to climb higher tomorrow."
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"If a man empties his purse into his head,
no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge
always pays the best interest."